Thursday, September 07, 2006

Toilet Rolls!

Toilet rolls! How can you have a full on arguement about toilet rolls? Well, I don't know but I just did.
Everybody knows that the correct way to place a toilet roll on the bathroom toilet roll holder is with the paper away from the wall. It stands to reason, makes sense, the paper should be nearest the reaching hand. Mags differs in her opinion (of course). She puts the roll on with the paper near the wall. It drives me mad. If I see it like that I change it and when I next go (a healthy bowel moves at least three times a day, so my dear old pappy used to say), she has changed it back again. Grrr!
I asked her a dinner if she would kindly mind not putting the toilet roll on the wrong way round and she went mad. She accused me of a whole variety of sins, crimes and evil doings, mostly household related. I mean, how important can it be to fold a towel in half and place it on the left hand side of the radiator when you hang it up? I always hang it up, so it's job done, but no, its got to be folded and on the left. Totally insane. I defended my corner as you would expect but she kept on and on and on. In the end I said that if she would just put the toilet roll on the right way round then I'd fold the towel in half. Seemed like a fair compromise. Nope. She said she wasn't hungry anymore and was going to bed. She picked up her plate took it to the kitchen, dumped it in the bin and ran up the stairs in tears! I have no idea why she did that. I mean, if she didn't want to eat it, I would have. There is no understanding them, they are a different breed.

No comments: