Friday, September 22, 2006

Screaming commando

You know those painful long haul flights where there is a family with a screaming kid? How annoying is it! I just want to shout, "Shut that kid up! There are people here who want to sleep!". Yes, our flight had the screaming kid. This kid was in a class of his own, not only could he scream but he could scream consistantly... for nearly 10 hours! He wriggled, kicked the seats in front, threw anything he could get his hands on and pretty much pissed everyone off, including me, his dad. Owen was a total nightmare! He didnt just cry, he screamed. Loud and piercing screams. I must admit, I was proud that he could keep on going. Good lungs equals good genes, that's my theory.

On arrival I was expecting our luggage to have gone missing but everything was as it should be.

Anyway, we arrived in Mexico and got to our resort. Started to unpack and then realised I hadnt packed any underwear. I now have the choice of either "going commando" for two weeks or getting the shonky mexican bus into the nearest town and trying to find some. I may try it tomorrow but for now, it's commando-city.

No comments: